Friday, June 14, 2013

Is there such a thing as a consanguinity chart?

[a note to myself in the ORNERY PEOPLE folder]


On Facebook someone posted a picture of Jimmy Mize, grandson of James Robert Bell and Alice Costner Bell. I saw right away that he was my second cousin on the Costner side, since our parents were first cousins. I had to have more coffee before I did the Bell side.  After more coffee, I see that Mize and I are 3rd cousins on the Bell side. If James Robert Bell and Alice Bell were first cousins (children of brothers) then Martha Costner Parker and Laveda Bell Mize were 2nd cousins and Jimmy Mize and I are 3rd cousins. So 2nd cousins and 3rd cousins, not to mention all the old intermarrying of cousins back in the Revolutionary Adams-Ewart-Knox-Bell days. No one anywhere has given me a consanguinity chart so as to add different relations and average them out to what they actually equate to--here, somewhere more than second cousin but a good deal less than first cousin. There must be such a consanguinity chart somewhere!!

P.S. Jimmy Mize is also a Dougherty through James Robert Bell's mother, so he is a triple cousin besides all the complications from marriages of first cousins. Who has made a consanguinity chart?????

No comments:

Post a Comment