Monday, March 3, 2014

Too many people have died

I was thinking about Ed Shneidman this week partly from seeing Judy Collins in a Greenwich Village documentary, partly from thinking about Ed at the CLAREL conference in Pittsfield in 1976, partly because we have had Ed's friend Fred Cutter and Dorothy for seder the last 2 years and we looking forward to having them again. Tonight the news that Fred is dead. I hope Dorothy will come.

Jennifer McCarthy posted a new picture of her mother today on Facebook and I remembered the late 1930's photograph of 30 or 35 people of whom only Patsy and I are left.  It was bad enough having 7 or 8 people who were living when I wrote MELVILLE BIOGRAPHY: AN INSIDE NARRATIVE not be around to see it when it came out in January 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment