Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Shaping ORNERY PEOPLE: WHAT WERE THE DEPRESSION OKIES?

After accumulating masses of paper and electronic evidence on the ancestors I thought had left no written record, I am at last thinking about organizing a narrative. The tipping point was Linda Barnickel's book on MILLIKEN'S BEND, where the two men accused of inappropriate killings, Sims and Sparks, turn out to be not kin to each other but both cousins to me after an early 20th century marriage in Indian Territory. How these men are documented, even to photographs as well as exciting stories!



Jesse Sparks


There has to be a stopping point for accumulation, even if I spend many days searching during the coming months. It's time for shaping and starting the storytelling. I have a couple of Revolutionary War pieces in the works, but soon, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment