Wednesday, October 4, 2017

We hate it when we can't understand why anyone would think Jeeves & Wooster funny


We tried last night, all ready with 2 discs and several episodes, set to enjoy a great British comedy. We found it so vulgar and stupid that we felt demeaned by 15 minutes and shipped the discs back to Netflix. I know there is nothing wrong with our sense of humor. After all, I laughed and laughed just today at Tim Murphy, the Pennsylvania congressman, on the basis of the snippets in Facebook. If I had been a watcher of news on TV I am sure I would have laughed even louder. I have a great sense of humor. But the people in Jeeves and Wooster just reminded me of how Britain did everything possible, before Churchill came in, to make it easy for Hitler. THIS is what the British were doing in the 20s and 30s. I get it now. But I don't get why the British liked the series. Why, there was not even a fat man dressed as a woman in the first fifteen minutes, unless the aunt was a man. Maybe we did miss it all at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment