Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Have you noticed that the great site Find-a-Grave is being destroyed?

It was ruthless, premeditated murder of a wonderful easy-to-use free site.

To
vicdru1@yahoo.com skip6944@aol.com hershelparker@sbcglobal.net



The Death of Find A Grave
I share your feelings about the "New" Find A Grave, like many of you I am a 17+ year member. What a disaster, it is slow and full of adds, I think that is the real reason for the change. Mr. Drinkwater just wants to turn all of the many thousands of volunteers work, time and effort into a revenue stream. What use to take one or two clicks to make an entry or change, now take three to five clicks for the same results, and I have a feeling that the usage is also down.

I am sending this email out to those who I have located on Drinkwater's home page and others that have expressed displeasure, about the "new" site. Feel free to pass along this email to others of like mind, and I welcome contacts if you have a question or suggestion. I am hoping that a group can be developed to present "our feelings" to someone in charge of Mr. Drinkwater and some of the original forms can be reestablished before it is all destroyed.
David Stuart, Find A Grave ID 2804148
Wichita, Kansas
--
David G. Stuart: dgstuart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment