Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Strangeness of Watching a Costner cousin play a composite NASA character and an actor play a Glenn cousin

I have been working for several days on the 32 Gonzales men who rode off to reinforce Travis and the others at the Alamo. This follows from realizing that Jim Bowie is a Pottenger cousin and then realizing that a lot of men at the Alamo were cousins on my father's side or my mother's side or (often) both sides. I decided I could work on just the Gonzales men in a way that shows something important than none of the historians have perceived. I'm pretty far along with the piece. So tonight I watched Hidden Figures in which a male star is Uncle Mode's great grandson, Kevin Costner, and in which an attractive actor portrays John Glenn, whose DNA shows that he is a Renfrewshire cousin of our Glenns--which puts me twice his cousin, from John B. E. Glenn (6' 5" at the end of the Mexican War) and his young second wife (married after the Civil War), a Glenn cousin of his. All this made for some very strange confusion as I watched the movie. I was proud of the actor cousin and the cousin being portrayed by an actor. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment