Sunday, March 11, 2018

Kin to McCain and Geo Washington but not Julianne Moore or Patricia Arquette; I thought the Moore might be my way in with Julianne.

Watched Finding Your Roots while doing sciatica prevention exercises on the floor.
McCain was astonished to find he is kin to Washington. He has deteriorated badly, but he's my cousin, John is. Not close.
When I run the hunt through my mother I get kin to Washington but when I hunt starting with my father I get closer kin, another way. Let me run her way again. Yes, I am much less kin on my mother's side, I see, but in the list are Butlers; I saw Butler in what they showed on TV today, so that's the way McCain is kin to Washington.
When a bunch of ancestors arrive in Virginia in the 1600s, what do you expect? You are kin to half of the South. When you have Scots who get down fast to North Carolina, you end up going roundabout, the Butler way. But is there a way of toting up 2 different cousinships to arrive at a single digit, so you can say George and I are fifth cousins three times removed, or something like that, and not say one way we are so much kin and another way we are so much kin?

No comments:

Post a Comment